About Professor Benjamin L. Carp
Benjamin L. Carp is an associate professor of early American history at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts. He has written about firefighters and the American Revolution, nationalism in Revolutionary America and the Civil War South, cities and the American Revolution, and the Boston Tea Party. He grew up in Woodmere, New York.
- Defiance of the Patriots: The Boston Tea Party and the Making of America
- Rebels Rising: Cities and the American Revolution
- Major Problems in the Era of the American Revolution, 1760-1791: Documents and Essays
- Leverhulme Research Fellowship, 2005-2006
- Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 2003-2004
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship in Humanistic Studies, 1998-1999