1773 Tea Chest
The Tea Chest is one of the oldest Boston museum artifacts
Protected and preserved for more than two centuries, the Robinson Half Chest is one of only two known tea chests still in existence from the Boston Tea Party in 1773. The morning following that stirring historic night, a teenager named John Robinson found a tea chest buried slightly in the sand near the shore and took it home as a souvenir. He kept the chest throughout his childhood and it was subsequently passed down from generation to generation. The Robinson Half Chest is now a part of the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum and serves as an inspiring reminder of the patriotism of that fateful night and the birth of Americaâ€™s independence.
The Robinson Tea Chest to be displayed
The Robinson Half Chest is one of two known surviving tea chests from the December 16, 1773, Boston Tea Party when 340 tea chests were dumped into Boston Harbor by rebelling colonists. The Chest is one of the oldest Boston Museum Exhibits in the city from the permanent collections of Historic Tours of America, Inc., and is proudly displayed at The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum.